Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #1

$30.00 Suzuki petcock fix

Some might know that Suzuki has a vacuum petcock on many bikes, It is for people who always forget or don't know to turn the fuel off when the bikeis not in use. It is fine until the stupid thing fails and leaks an entire tank of gasoline all over Your floor and causes a fire hazard. I did some research and decided to put it all togethor in one thread to make it easy for any other Suzuki owners or soon to be Suzuki owners.

This is the original ^%$^% petcock

The failing point is the rubber diaphragm that is opened by the vacuum port on the carb, And You find out there is no kit for the Dr200SE

So after searching for an answer, I found out that a petcock off of a Raptor 660 will fit

30 bucks off ebay, A guy named adventure wrencher who was awesome to deal with.

I also grabbed some of the good stuff, You can never have too much of this around

Here are the two side by side, You will lose some reserve with this swap

Installed on the bike, Fit like a glove.

One small issue is that the new petcock is 3/8 line and the carb inlet is 1/4, I clamped the snot out of it and picked up a reducer the next day.

And last thing is to cap off the vacuum tube on the carb....

This is a simple project with no actual thought required to do....Kinda lame to post it but I found very little online that explains everything. Hope this helps any other Suzuki lovers out there..........Whoo hoo time to ride.