Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #1

Olympic Discussion

Well I don't think we've had any here yet, so I'll start off...

K2 sports made a special limited edition Vancouver 2010 Snowboard for Olympic merchandise. When I say limited edition I don't mean theres only a few, I mean it's just the same as the rest of the Olympic merchandise. They call it limited edition though so that's why I did. Currently, you can buy the board from Sport Chek for $230. This ebayer has theirs currently up to $430 plus shipping. It is available on the sport chek website, you don't even have to go into the store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1182

How are people so stupid? I'd feel bad charging someone double something is worth for no reason. Then again they sort of deserve it for not doing their research. On the ebayers behalf, I did email them and point out that it isn't limited to 8, and not worth $1100, that's why they added the second part to the ad that stated the contest said there was 8 made and it was worth $1100. So they maybe got mislead by the contest, and are now just trying not to lose out too much. Still though. At $430 the reserve is not met, so this ebayer may not ever be able to get rid of it. If I was him I'd drop the reserve asap and just try to sell the darn thing.

I was thinking it may be a worthwhile venture to purchase one from the store and have the Olympic snowboarders autograph it, then it might be worth something to a collector. But there's a big chance of not being able to sell it too.

Anyways, any other olympic discussions could go on here too, I just have been watching this snowboard on ebay to see what it goes for. I think it is ridiculous.