Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #1

Got another question..... bad news.

Well I just seem to be full of questions, but you guys always seem to have good answers.

I let my wife take the Maxfine out the other day for a spin & somehow she managed to let the bike get away from her. I didn't get to see it happen because she was just around the bend when it happened, but from the looks of it she must have been stopped & dropped the clutch or ??? I have no idea what because I can't get it to pull the front wheel for the life of me, but somehow she got it to land on the rear fender. In the aftermath of this mess, the rear turn signal, taillight assembly, & lower rear fender were destroyed. The luggage rack got a small scratch, the left handlegrip got tore, & somehow the clutch lever is bent pretty bad. I did manage to straighten out the clutch lever, although you can still tell it was bent.

Here is the before pic, I will upload how it looks now as soon as I get my camera working right.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement taillight/license plate assembly? I've seen several on Ebay, but the all seem to be made for taillights located under the fender. My fender has a raised section with 3 holes to mount the assembly. You can see it pretty clearly from this pic's angle. If I can swap on a different rear fender, that would be the best solution I'm thinking. Anyone have some suggestions?