Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #1

Hey from The Great White North (ON, CAN)

Just a quick post before I head off to work. I have read at least 3 solid hours of ATV info on here, very informative and helpful. I would almost say it clinched my decision to purchase.

Heres what I have ordered:

GIO 200cc Beast-Urban Camo
CDI HiPo ignition module
Performance pipe
Mikuni 250cc carb
Winch
Helmet

Nothing received yet, next week I imagine.

If anyone wants know, all items were won on auction and grand total was around $1100.00 shipped to my door. I have not filled out my profile yet, but I live just North of Toronto. A few of the items were ordered together to save on shipping.
ATV was won at $530, about average from what I have seen.

I am aware of what I've purchased and will be buying Loctite, replacing all bolts with 10.9 metric, and not treat it rough (I'm 51yrs old).

Yamaha swing arm bearings are next along with everything else like chain, batt (except the front shocks mod...cant weld) from that other fellow who owns a Beast on here .
I know some items like the winch are pretty untested, but i paid $35.00 for it and Crappy Tire sells the same thing for $79.00 WITHOUT the rollers whaich are another $50.00. So since shipping was only $20.00 combined with other items, plus $10.00 fee I figure it should be OK. I dont expect the winch to pull a boat up a ramp for that price, but to drag the ATV up in to the trailer and maybe get me unstuck every now and then it should perform just fine.

Pete