Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #1

Son Got and ATV, should I go Dual Sport or ATV too?

I posted this very same message in the dual sport forums. I wanted to cross post here to get as large a sample of opinions as possible. I'm sure I'm breaking a rule here.......

I hate it when people ask questions like this, so forgive me. I need you all to help me make up my mind.

We bought my son a Chinese ATV From VBike and he is having a blast on it. I want to either get an ATV to ride with him or a dual sport. I've owned dual sports when I was younger and street bikes as recently as this year so I am an experienced rider. I am leaning toward a dual sport for a few reasons - the China versions seem to be less prone to mechanical issues than the china ATVs, I feel I get more bike for the $$ and it and an ATV will both fit in the back of my pickup where 2 ATVs wont

My concern is that I won't be able to go the same places that my son will, ie - soft terrain, rutted hills, creek bottoms. Those of you who have ridden with ATVs, did you find yourself being left out of a lot of terrain? I went everywhere my friends went on their 3 wheelers in highschool, but I wanted to check here and make sure that I won't be left in the dust by my son.

Which dual sport would you prefer? I have VBike and HiBird all within a 45 minute drive so one from either place would be a bonus. Or should I just get another ATV?

Thanks a ton guys!