Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #1

Potential New 250-V4SW Owner

I posted in another forum about getting a quad for my 12 year old son. He's tall so a 250 isn't too much for him. It won't be raced or jumped - just driven off road on our place or some trails or between friends houses on back roads. If his quad turns out decent, I'll get one for myself within a few months so we can ride together.

I test drove a 250-V4SW this weekend at Vbike in Edmond Oklahoma. Tim, the owner was very gracious and let me ride one out back. Overall I was impressed with the quality for the cost, given that I had read horror stories about the Chinese models. The model he suggested had larger wheels and good shocks. Many of the others had shocks that were very stiff. I say that it was a V4SW, but I'm not sure now after reading some other posts about a 250T model. But I don't see the 'T' model listed on the site anymore. Perhaps they no longer carry that model?

I prefer to buy from a local dealer and I have two to choose from: Vbike and another that carries TaoTao and JCL. There was one JCl model that was a flat track 125 that I liked and thought might fit my son well, however it was a 4 speed without reverse and only carried a 6 month warranty. The Vbikes carry a 1 year warranty. Either place has been around for a while and provide service and support.

So I'm leaning toward Vbike heavily. In fact, if he still has the one I test drove, I may pick it up tomorrow evening. Before I do that, I wanted to ask if I would be better off looking at another brand even though I would have to order it? I should point out that I am no stranger to a wrench and have the shop, tools, welder, etc to service whatever we buy. I like tinkering with things like this so adding loctite to all bolts, etc.

Looking for opinions and suggestions.

Thanks,