Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #1

Aloha from Hawaii

Hi, folks. I've been enjoying this forum for a few years. A buddy and I bought 2 Roketa enduro bikes in 2007. They've actually been pretty good units. Reading China Riders and Thumper Talk told us what we needed to know before we bought them. Great job and mahalo (thank you)!

The 2009 Mauna Kea 200 was just run here. No, I didn't enter - I'm too old for that stuff. But I did use the Roketa to help the Rock Island Riders lay out some of the course, and to work a checkpoint during the race.

When I first showed up on the Roketa, they politely expressed their doubts. After we went riding together to work on part of the jungle course, they complimented the bike. The jungle part of the race was utterly miserable. Their website is: MK200.com.

China bikes are a good deal if you don't mind tinkering. I'd like to see how much better a brand new one is. They're learning fast over there.

If anyone shows up in Hilo, e-blurb me. I can turn you onto a few things that tourists don't see. Even better, bring your bike!

Later - Dan