Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 AM   #1

Baja motorsports is complete crap

I bought a hensim rebranded Baja motorpsorts 250 cruiser and a sc150 Baja Motorsports scooter. Neither made it to 100 miles. The 250 had the tranny lock up at 49 miles, stuck between 4th and 5th gear and the scooter had the magneto die. All baja would authorize was 1 hour diagnostic on the 250 and then denied my warranty coverage on that saying that the bike still had packing oil in it, that the retailer I bought it from either didn't change out the packing oil or that I or them had overfilled it. They claim SIX quarts of oil came out of it. A little 250cc motor with six quarts that should have less than two but still registered fine on the dipstick? The sc150 scooter they denied my warranty on because I had taken some things apart to troubleshoot it when I was stranded by it. Apparently you can't do the troubleshooting the manual tells you to do. (check for spark, check for gas in the carb etc which requires you to remove some crap to get to them)

The 250 I had never even touched and they denied that too. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Everyone needs to be warned about Baja Motorsports practices of making shit up to deny warranty coverage. Do not buy one at any price unless you expect a bike you will have to constantly fix on your own.

Now I have no way to fix these and the warranty center in my area says they are washing their hands of them. (Their words) They are reassembling my 250cc cruiser and I have to pick it up still broken after two weeks in the shop with no recourse though them.

I'm starting a lawsuit, a couple of them actually. Anyone who would like to go in on a class action lawsuit should contact me here. If you have similar stories of warranty coverage being denied please post them. So far I've found there are 4 claims pending in my state against them currently and several past claims. Some are resolved and some aren't, it's on a case by case basis.

I will never stop sreading the word about this company that thinks an hour on hold each time you call them is ok and denying warranty coverage for any reason they can fabricate is just ok.

BTW it didn't have packing oil in it, it had Amsoil from the place that sold it, I had to remove the stupid amsoil sticker from the motor.

They lie cheat and steal and that's no exaggeration. Avoid Baja Motorsports at all costs!