Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #1

Building a Sport Scoot and I need help getting some more gas

Hello everyone, I am building a demo 4 stroke 50cc performance scooter for my showroom. So far I have installed a MRP 47mm (72cc) Cylinder Kit with large valve head, MRP racing exhaust system, Uni Air Filter, Dr. Pully 6 gr. Sliders, a #95 main jet. The problem is I am still running really lean, I think I need somewhere around a #100-#105 main jet but the #95 (and a rip off at 9.00 each) was the biggest I could find for a 50cc carb. I have an idea to use the intake manifold and the carb for a 150cc scooter since I have every size jet imaginable for that size carb. I belive the manifold should just bolt right up, or I could get a performance intake from MRP. Has anyone had a problem like this before? Or could anyone give me any suggestions. I will pic up the intake and carb tomorrow to give it a try. I am at 55 mph on flat ground right now but would like to get to 60. I will be posting some pictures soon.