Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #1

Hensim 150cc Hunter (Gy6) from ATVDiscounter

Howdy all,
After seeing some improved service from ATVD in posts, I spent the just over a grand for the Hensim Hunter ATV 150cc.
I received it in about 10 days and it was delivered with liftgate service. It comes in a big frame with the wheels removed. I took the frame off and put on the wheels so I could push it up onto a trailer. At the farm I removed the rear plastic, racks, and some of the front plastic. Any nut that wasn't cotter pinned I removed and loc-tited. I couldn't find my dielectic grease, so the electrical connections will wait a bit. All connections on this bike are already covered in electical tape and nicely bundled. I drained out the "starter oil" and filled with about 750cc of 10W-40 which is midway on the dipstick. I did not change the brake fluid yet (and advice on this?). I assembled and charged the battery overnight. Today I put everything back together and attatched the battery. It fired up on the first try. It has a CVT tranny with a little shifter on the right for F-N-R. All work nicely. I am 5'7" 190# and this thing runs faster than I am comfortable with! I am very, very pleasantly suprised by this little quad. Time will tell what mayhem will become me, but there is ample repair info online for the Gy6 engine. I will break-in over the next few days with a few oil changes and will report back if anything buggers up.
DrPhil