Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo
carefull with the wheelie thing on these bikes. I do not know how much stress these clutches can handle but 7500 rpms comming down on a 0 rpm clutch is going to cause some major wear.
You don't just dump the clutch... let it out fast, but don't just snap it. It's a matter of hitting things just right... as the rpms come up to a certain point you start letting out the clutch... when you feel the bike's front coming up... tug on the bars... it's almost 100% timing. RPM, clutch and tug. The further back on the seat you are the easier the front comes up.. just don't sit so far back you can't control the bike. I started of popping the wheel by dumping the clutch.... it works but is hard on the bike.

I sir have mastered the sweet spot in first second and third, 8) "on a 175" I am a little too scared on the klx, 3rd gear means 45+mph.

I am brave enugh to chase the front wheel through 1st and 2nd, but I usually try to avoid 3rd gear

12 o-clock position is compleatly out of my league and I refuse to try. I know better, and I have no health insurance.

another thing I am trying to quit is lofting the front wheel in first in a corner. a little uneasy about the lack of steering and the sudden change in direction when the front wheel comes down. 8O I am sure I soiled myself the first time that happened. :oops: