Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #1

Killed the GY200 this weekend....

Had relatives out for the long weekend and we all went out and rode quite a bit.

The kid did really well on his GY200 - best I've seen him ride - sand dunes, washed out roads, rocky wasted desert - some pretty rough stuff.

I was riding sweep and on the last leg of our loop - the easy, wide, mostly smooth powerline road back to where we parked the truck I passed everyone to make sure they didn't miss the cut-off.

Of course the kid - seeing Dad blast down the road at 65mph desides to crank it up a notch himself - best I can tell he just hit a rock at the wrong angle - freak thing really - it pushed him off his line, he over corrected, skidded a little then lowsided hard at about 40mph.

Bike slid along and the left side engine case hit a big rock pretty hard and cracked - spilled the oil out all over...foward sprocket cover broke off completetely, chain came off and balled up hard too.

Kid's going to be fine - bike maybe not so much. 8O

Anybody weld up a case on these bad boys? Might try a little JB Weld - I have't got a chance to really look it over yet...

Road we were on:

Bleeding Bike:

GY200 Blood:

More Carnage:

Left a mark on the rock too:

We're still game though: