Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2024, 10:28 PM   #1

New SSR XF250 Refuses To Cold Start

Hello,

Just purchased a new 2022 SSR XF250 and I need some help from those more knowledgeable than I. This bike seems cursed thus far.

Right out of the gate the gas gauge was faulty, got lucky as dealer took it back and fixed under warranty, or more or less what the dealer did was steal cluster off the other one that was in their lot as the other bike "magically" disappeared when I asked about it. No matter, with the cluster "replaced" its working as intended.

Shoulda knew something else was amiss when I asked the sales rep to start it and the bike started very hard for him, almost making him look foolish. When I go start this thing she just ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to start reliably in any shape or fashion to the point where it just kills the battery. It starts and runs when if feels like it but not when its expected and should.

Things Ive done to try to get this curse to start:

1. Kickstand is up when turning over. Id appreciate information how to disable or bypass this stupid feature to start the bike with the kickstand down, please advise.

2. Handle bar kill switch is in run position.

3. Fuel lever is in on position, also tried reserve position

4. Drained whatever gas dealer had in it from tank, lines, & carb. Doubt it got correct fuel as manual calls for 91 octane. Didn't trust dealer as all by this point (longer story) its got fresh 91 in it now

5. Checked spark. Spark is good

6. Choke fully pulled out in 80 degree weather. Also tried half choke and no choke when clearly getting flooded (smell the gas)

6.Verified carb bowl and lines are getting fuel.

7. Air cleaner smells of fuel

8. Few throttle pumps to shoot gas into carb and wait few min for it to vaporize then try starting. By some miracle of higher deity's, seems to work 20% of the time but she still wont run properly without more throttle till she warms up, choke off then runs and idles fine, and will restart and fire when warm, its just these super cold starts.

There is no reason why a brand new 250cc motorbike does not start after the first or second push of the button with the choke fully out on a cold start. I really don't want to fully pull and disassemble the carb I do feel its unnecessary but if I absolutely have to I can and will sonic bath clean. It will also not be going back to the dealer for anymore assistance. They are not somebody I want to deal with anymore. I just don't know enough about this bike.

I have done some forum searching and reviewed modification topics about this particular bike. I really don't want to get into modifying the bike too much if I can avoid it. I am mulling over either purchasing a new carburetor or a 6 Sigma Stage 1 kit at stock configurations to install.
What are your thoughts? any suggestions & help is appreciated.

-Code