Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2024, 08:07 PM   #1

Knobby wear pattern,??

My back tire tread is getting pretty shallow in the center, and I will be replacing it soon. My front is not worn as bad, but probably about half tread. I have a parts bike with low miles, BUT it's been through the wringer, and it's rear tire's not a whole lot better that what's on my Hawk now, and the cush bushings are plumb shot in it's rim. I am surprised that they still seem good on my road legal Hawk with about 3,000 miles. The front knobby on the parts bike is great, and not really worn down hardly at all. Except for the front on the parts bike, all the other tires show a wedge like wear pattern The edge of the knobs that contact the road first, are very noticeably higher than the opposite edge. Even the front of my road Hawk is like this. I intended to buy a Dunlop 605 , 50/50 type tire, and run with my current front, but now I don't know if that would be wise to do. Should I just buy another DOT knobby for the rear, and run it with the nearly like new knobby on the parts bike? I also noticed that the sell some tires as being " for Honda" . Is there anything different about them from a basic Kenda if the same number, or it a specific width. https://www.amazon.com/4-50x18-Kenda...%2C229&sr=8-18
I appreciate all advice I get. Thanks