Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2023, 04:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
you just approached this the wrong way. when you come into a persons place, you dont insult it and then ask for assistance. we all know what we know. good luck bud.
Yup. I agree...I can understand the frustration, but gee, the bike cost less than $2000. OP has high expectations for such a remarkably low priced product. The mainstream world of motorcycling is not so cheap.

I still marvel at the high overall usability and yes, quality of the low priced dual sport (Bashan Storm) and enduro (Templar X) I bought and kept. And compared to the bikes that inspired them, and their engines (20-30 year old tech), these contemporary Chinese bikes are definitely better. I would have been so happy to have the performance of a Bashan Storm in 1978. It is just about as heavy, but suspension is way better!

The main difference between these Chinese bikes, and Japanese or European brands like Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, KTM, Gas Gas, Husqvarna is NOT just price.

Performance is generally higher and there is not only dealer support but a legacy of tested and model-specific parts out there for these main stream/market brands.

Parts for the main stream bikes are higher priced overall, but thay are easier to match, and more likely to fit. THAT is a huge difference.

You get what you pay for, and there is no reason to complain whatever level you decide to step in on!

Last edited by Thumper; 12-18-2023 at 08:26 PM.