Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2023, 11:38 AM   #1

Need engine help lol (tbr7)

Hey yall. Hope yall having a great day. Was riding my bike to work. 5th gear close to 4k rpm, lost all power and hear a pretty gnarly clunk and grinding noise. Pulled over, couldnt get it started and towed it home. Checked spark, plugs are good and not fouled, spark is strong. Checked fuel delivery. Carb is clean and breathing well (air box is clean as a whistle). Slide works and everything looks good on it. Pulled the top rocker box off, valves are good and still in spec to .005. No oil leaks anywhere. no cracks in the block or anything. Oil level is slightly on the higher side but still in spec. Just have absolutely no idea why it wont start. Any and all recommendations are welcome. Guessing down in compression somewhere? Can kick the bike over by hand (was a lot harder before hand and is extremely easy now). With the top rocker box off can see the valves doing what they should be doing. Moves up and down with the compression/exhaust stroke. Do hear a slight grindy type noise when I put my ear close to the cylinder hear when Im trying to kick it. Can provide videos and pictures if need be. If anybody has a video or something how to completely disasemble the top end that would be appreciated too.

1998 Suzuki Intruder VS800 (bobbed out)
2021 Sur Ron Lightbee Supermoto (Heavily modified up to 40hp peak)