Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2023, 02:20 PM   #1

LOTS of blowby on the Hawk

So it's a beautiful day here in West Georgia, and once I got the yard work done for the day, I decided to take the Hawk out to go get my hair cut. It was slightly low on oil when I left, but it's a short ride and I wanted to get the oil hot and check it again. This is also only the second time I've ridden the Hawk this season. When I got back to the house, I checked the oil again and it was indeed low. So I decided to open the filler cap with the engine running, and the crankcase pressure nearly blew the cap off in my fingers. There was a pretty good bit of blowby coming out. This is confusing for me because A) the bike doesn't have very many miles on it (3,375 to be exact) and B) the bike is pretty well taken care of. It's not like it was laying on it's side in a field all winter. It was in the shop enjoying the sheltered life. The bike runs fantastically well, no issues there, and it has plenty of power. Is anyone else seeing huge issues with blowby? Would adding a little Marvel Mystery Oil to the crankcase before the next ride be a good idea?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up