Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2023, 07:17 PM   #1

Brand New Templar X Wont Start

Hi all, new member here!

I recently got a Templar X orange. Seems like a well made bike and good quality, cant wait to ride it. I went through the large Templar X thread on this forum to familiarize myself with common issues, and how best to assemble my bike. I now have the bike fully assembled but cant get it to fire.

I got a new battery, the YTX5L-BS with 80CCA fully charged up. It sounds like its turning over, I verified fuel downstream of the fuel filter, spark plug looked gapped right and I grounded it to head and saw spark when turning it over...

I havent adjusted the valves yet, was hoping to fire it up and get at least 1 tiny little run in first. Could it be the valves?

I havent messed with rejetting of the carb yet either, I have the parts and know I will most likely need to do that soon here to. 1200' elevation.

It just doesnt sound like its igniting at all, just turning over. I mean its a carb'd engine, Air/Fuel/Spark... what thing do I have wrong here?

I also havent dug into the air filter yet, could it be bagged and I am just choking the engine? This would be the easiest fix and make me feel the most dumb kinda hoping this is it though. Speaking of, what is the best way to access the filter? I dont see a clear path without starting to take more off than I need rn.

Help please!!

P.S. I have either the front of rear brake depressed to get it to crank, I have tried choke, throttle, clutch in vs out, in gear vs neutral, etc. Not so much as a single fire it feels like...