Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2023, 10:31 AM   #1

KPX 250 Supermoto Wheels

I am determined to get some Supermoto wheels put on this KPX. I know some Old Ninja 250 rims or CBR 250 rims might fit with some back yard machining. I keep look at ebay for a used set. I cannot help to think it would be a waste to toss the KPX wheels. They may be the highest quality part on the whole bike

Now I think I could build a set of rims, and reuse the hold hubs, brakes and cush drive. In reality, this is probly the best way to go, as we know these parts fit, and it will retain all the proper geometry. No kacking togther spacers, or grinding brake rotors down.

I am trying to build a shopping list and I believe the sizes I am shooting for are

3.5x17 Front Wheel
4.25x17 Rear Wheel
110/70-17 Front Tire
150/70-17 Rear Tire

The only place I seem to find wheel hoops is on aliexpress, does anyone know of a place to locate some state side? seems there should be some local. I would like find some in colors, maybe Red.

I also need to locate some spokes, and determine a length. I will also need the rubber piece to cover the spokes, and some tubes.
Anyone here have any idea on how to get a proper spoke size without ripping apart the wheel and test fitting it?