Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2023, 06:06 PM   #1

Venom 18xr 200cc

Hey all, I recently purchased a Venom 18xr 200cc as my first bike and if I'm being honest it's probably the worst bike I could have started on. I understand it's a pocket bike and wasn't made for quality but I did expect to be able to at least ride it around to the gas station and such. I did a good bit of reading and they seemed to make decent bikes. Most of what I read says the 200cc tops out around 55mph, which is fine for what I wanted. Most every road here is 55mph. However, I am not inclined to take this thing over 40 and honestly even that is pushing it. The whole damn bike feels like it's falling apart and the wind seems likely to blow me into oblivion. Anyway, I know shame on me for expecting more out of what I bought. I should have done more research than I did but luckily I only have 800 bucks in it. My question is, are the 22's any better as far as handling and overall ride or do I need to just cut my losses with this brand and buy something else entirely? I love the way they look and they seem to have great reviews everywhere I look. Is it time to look elsewhere or should I continue the hunt for a 22? Thanks in advance!