Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2023, 01:58 PM   #1

Our New Mail Carrier

Rant warning.....

I don't know about you guys, but our USPS here is downright lame. It's manned by mostly contract employees who use their own vehicles. For the most part, they actually seem to be ok. There are ones I see regularly and they take their jobs seriously. Even one of my closest buddies here is a contract carrier. He's 64, semi-retired, and does nothing but parcels for the USPS and Amazon. Now comes the new actual, USPS employee who replaced our last carrier.

This dude is AWFUL! I get it! It's going to take him a while to get the route down but it's now been a while, and he still sucks! We are toward the end of his route and he blows us off all the time! Not only that but at least twice a week I'll open the mailbox and I'll have not just my mail, but neighbors mail, as well!

Then there's the deliveries. I get up, check Amazon and Ebay for parcels arriving and I'll see, "Out for delivery". COOL! Then nothing shows up! I check Amazon...."Unable to access for delivery" WHAT!? Our house is RIGHT ON THE ROAD!

Last night was especially infuriating. "Out for delivery" was the Amal carb upgraded float needle I've been waiting on so I can put the carb back on the BSA. We left the house to go to the store for Friday night, like we do most evenings and I knew the needle should be in my mailbox when we got home. Wwe pull up to the mail box two hours later. There was a piece of junk mail BUT NO NEEDLE!

I check Ebay when we got inside, "Unable to access delivery"! WTF!? It's a freaking needle! It won't fit in the mailbox!? What a jerk...... I'm at my wits end here guys. I mean, what if it was one of my many meds I was waiting on?????????? Just because I'm towards the end of his route doesn't make my s--t any less important. "Rain, sleet, snow, or dark of night", my ass!!!

Time to go to the Post Master and file a complaint. This new dude may have talents that could be used elsewhere by the USPS, but being a letter carrier isn't his gig.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350