Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2022, 10:59 PM   #1

Tires on 2016 Hawk stored inside???

I plan on looking at an extremely low miles 2016 Hawk tomorrow afternoon, with the MCO, which has never been titled, so I probably can't actually get a DMV title made now, but can probably get it registered under WV's off-road vehicle program. It's $600, and hasn't been started in a few years, so I know it will need a battery, and hopefully the gas tank will still be good. If the tires are going to still be safe, then I don't think I could go wrong, but if they would need replaced, along with a battery, and probably a carb (I have a good carb on hand though), then the bike may not be worth the hassle, considering it is about 60 miles away. What are your opinions , especially on the tires, and how bad do you think a gas tank would have rusted after sitting for a few years. I get the impression from messaging the guy, that he may be either disabled, or have a personality disorder. I honestly don't know why the bike has such low miles 163 showing, if I remember right. I have heard some on this board having issues of new bikes, especially Hawks ,have transmission trouble, and the shifter won't change gears. I am a little suspicious, but the pictures look good. I just don't know why a 2016 would have not been ridden any more than it had been.