Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2022, 03:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
There was no mention anywhere of a reserve system although there are 2 places to set your fuel cock to. So I left the fuel cock facing forward as they say in the manual and then removed the fuel hose and drained the tank into a gallon container, when no more gas came out I moved the fuel cock to straight down and no fuel came out so the tank was empty. I then poured the fuel back into the tank and drained the fuel with the fuel cock in the down position, When it finished draining out I moved the fuel cock into the forward position and no more fuel came out. This logic tells me that I do not have a reserve on my tank. I would guess this should be true for all X-pects but who knows . Mine does not have a reserve but perhaps yours has.
You really got me thinking, so I went and checked. My petcock, like yours, only says "On" and "Off", and the manual agrees. This means two things: I have been riding with my petcock in the half-open position, and my previous statement was wrong. There is actually enough fuel just in the hoses/EFI to go about 9 miles. I knew this was good on fuel but not THAT good.
Thank you for bringing that up, I never would have thought about it again otherwise.