Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2022, 08:43 PM   #1

Lifan Kpx250-battery/electrical problem

Hey folks I am having a bit of a problem and could use some insights from some more experienced folks. I am new to motorcycles so take it easy on me.

I purchased a fully built and tested kpx-250.

The battery is dead and isn’t gaining a charge after the bike is running. And the power cut out and the dash rebooted mid ride and was harder to start afterwards.

For the past few days I have been breaking in the motor and everything has been running fine. Started strong like it should. It sat for a couple days and then today I went to start it. It was almost completely dead and wouldn’t turn the bike over. I used a jump pack to start the bike and left it running. It idled fine and warmed up. I took it for a short ride and cut the engine to see if it was taking a charge. It would turn over so I used the jump pack again.

I went for a longer ride all was fine and then suddenly I was shifting to 4th and the bike completely shut down. I clutched and tried the starter and nothing. I looked at the panel and it was rebooting. I finally regained some electrical and got the hazards and pulled off. The bike was harder to start and would only stay started at above idle rpms. I stalled it again and had to jump it one more time. I was able to get home by making sure I kept the rpm’s up.

The loss of electrical while running and the battery not taking charge are the problem are the concerns.

Thanks in advanced for folks’ advice.