Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2022, 01:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjjAxx84 View Post
Got the x running pretty good, at least it’s rideable until my jets come in. It has a youall pz30 with actual Phillips head screws instead of breakaways so that’s a plus.
These Chinese bikes can be variable in build. Like, I did not get the passenger footpegs, but they are in the video that raptssan posted I'd like to have those. And my smoothbore YouALL had breakaways, and I had to drill one out when my ground out flathead slot failed. I sealed up the float bowl, no problem. But NICE Carb

I think I am building up some carbon on the plug. Just a tad rich. But it likes choke to start, so it isn't the pilot. I think it is the 1mm shim or modest main jet increase causing this.

I need to eliminate the cat, so maybe will leave it slightly rich for now. Runs great throughout throttle/rpm range.

Here is a pic from this morning's activities. I set the feeler gauge in place, snugged up the adjustment, pulled the gauge out, and found that it is ONLY ~1/8th turn to 0.002" OK fine. I think that you can set these things by 1/8th turn instead of dealing with the deepset gap in these heads with limited access ports!

I set intake 0.002" and exhaust 0.0025". The Intake valve is harder to access, but I found my previous settings held stable. Nice motor