Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2022, 07:22 AM   #11

Ok Oldskulltechnoligies said they have a "BASIC" map file for $75 Euros and with their Calibration file you can tune it how ever you like.....(using their software of course)
and there list of bikes is fairly long and includes the Zongchen but they don's say which one...probably your RX3 ...LOL

I am wondering what it actually takes now to modify my map file on the bike ! because
if I try to modify one of his example files the program tells me I have to load a calibration file... it does NOT say which one or where that file comes from or if you have to make it yourself or what. it does look to be a binary file that it is looking for and there is a drop down window that you can choose a file to load from that has ONE file in it. I clicked on that file and it took me to where that file originates from ! ( not what I wanted) i go back to the place where I was and then try to modify and it says you have to load a calibration file AGAIN.... it's like it got bumped out and is not working.
I suspect that you can't do that on a example file, or must be working on a fresh flash download... (that is what I suspect)
My J2534 adapter will be here Wednesday or Thursday and I can try that and see if I can Down load a copy of the entire ECU for safety sake .... once I have a copy
I can then see if I can change something ...using a fresh copy of the ECU and the good working J2534 adapter might make more calibration files show up in that list
at least that is the game plan right now.

Bob.......