Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #11

It would appear to me that the ECU is just a process controller the software of which would lay out the parrameters.So really if you want to adjust the fuel air ratio it should be done by the software it also should include any ignition timing as this is also part of the set software. There are multiple inputs and only the fuel injector anf ignition are funtioning outputs. So to make any changes will require changing or altering the software. There is also an open loop in the beginning which becomes a closed loopwhen the engine has warmed. So if one cheats and changes input values of any of the temperatures the closed loop in the end will bring the process into line via the O2 sensors output. Either it will bring the fuel air ratio to within given parrameters or it will call a fault and go into limp mode. With the lifan ECU we do not have the ability to down load the ECU map and until such time as ECU hacker can do this if ever we are up the creek without a paddle. Just how smart these ECU's are I do not know but if one can define the O2 sensors operating range and slightly adjust that to slightly increase the fuel air ratio the ECU might just accept the input from the O2 sensor as genuine. However as I am quite new to these ECU things there is much for me to learn, and playing with some of these sensore will help the learning curve.