Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2022, 07:19 PM   #1

Aluminum vs stainless steel exhaust? Or something else?

I am warming up to my newly aquired TRB7D, and I am considering an aftermarket exhaust. I have been looking at eBay, and they have some stainless, and some aluminum ones. The cheapest ones range from $70.00 to $77.00. I don't want to run into issues like having to bend the clutch arm. I can weld decently, and so I wonder if I would be better off to just get rid of the catalytic converter, and buy an aftermarket muffler? When I had my Brozz 250, I gutted out the cat,and opened the back of the muffler, but I would rather not fool with the stock muffler on this bike. It's not whisper quiet now with it's stock exhaust, like the Brozz was with it's stock exhaust, so I assume it's not as restricted. I have seen claims of 2-5 HP increases . That seems like it's too good to be true on a 15hp bike. What do you think ? Should I just mod my pipe, and replace the muffler, or do full exhaust? Aluminum, or stainless?, Or just leave it be ? The only reason I am thinking about doing something is for a little more usable power. If you don't think I will gain over a half HP, then I probably will leave it be, but if I could add ,say one,and a half HP, then I would think that it would be worth it to gain 10% over current HP.