Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2022, 08:40 AM   #1

Lifan X Pect owners?

So I've been wanting a dual sport for 20 yrs. Ended up with a cruiser (86 VS700) that's served me well for 12 years.

Last night, I was introduced to the Lifan X Pect and I'm thoroughly impressed except for a few concerns. For those that own them, especially in the northern half of the US/Canada (I'm in eastern PA), please share your experience with the following issues....

1. Winterizing- What's the process of getting the bike ready for storage in the colder months? With my carburated Intruder I had to shut off the pet cock and let the gas run out. Then just change the oil in the Spring each year.

2. How do warranty claims work- There's not another Lifan dealer for 50 miles and I just found out there's a mechanic willing to work on them if I bring them the parts about 25 miles away. How/what does Lifan support and cover costs?

3. Care/Maintenance- Other than changing the oil/filter and air filter....what care and maintenance do these require?

4. Finding parts- The mechanic 25 miles away said parts can be very difficult to come by for these (China bikes) because they are made for a couple years then they change the models/builds. I'm not worried about upgrades but what if a crucial part within the motor/controls breaks?? How easy is it to find all core components IN STOCK?

5. Upgrades- Thinking about adding saddle bags. Maybe a folding shift lever. What else do people upgrade on these and why?

6. Problems- In watching a lot of vids the valve adjustments, which just requires a socket and feeler gauge, what are known issues with these bikes....whether it's upon delivery or two years down the road? I've also...quite frequently read about cross threading and stripped nuts....what's the fix??

7. Anything else- Please feel free to share anything else I didn't think to ask about.

THANKS!!!!!