Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2022, 10:32 PM   #12

Believe it or not, there are two separate bike brands/manufacturers and both are CARB certified. On the EPA/DOT list, it shows Boom International having a few models certified as '250BD-XX'. However, a few lines down, another new company called Benyate Motorsport LLC has that same list of bikes shown on the CARB site as being certified. Both show the engine manufacturer as 'Chongqing Zongshen....' so they use the same 223cc engine, apparently. As far as I could see, Benyate did not have a website, but there were a few Google hits that showed them being headquartered in Sante Fe, NM. Boom is headquartered in the Los Angeles greater metropolitan area. I would be curious as to what the other models on the CARB and EPA/DOT lists look like. We know what the Boom models look like, and they do have a couple dual-sports on their site. For some reason, a few Chinese brands are able to certify a whole slew of bikes that utilize the same engine on the same certificate, and keep in mind not all the models end up here. But I am curious about this new Benyate company and what they will offer (I am guessing the cruiser lookalike of the Boom model is one of them). At least there will be some more affordable Chinese bikes available in California, including some more dual-sports via Boom.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard