Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2022, 01:45 PM   #1

TBR7 1st Start Questions

Having relatively nice weather today in Milwaukee so decided to start the bike for the 1st time and run it around the block a couple times.
It seemed hard starting but got it running and it idled OK after warming it up. I was surprised by the amount of smoke from exhaust paint burning off while I let it warm up. Stunk like burning paint so, I decided to let her go and not shut it down. It seemed to be all done burning off after my laps around the block. I'm guessing that's normal?
Everything went well except for shifting and rear brake. When I adjusted the clutch I deliberately tried to error on the lose side. It was very hard to up shift. Does this imply I need to take free play out of the clutch adjustment or, that there's not enough free play?
The front brake grabbed great and as expected but, it seems the rear brake wasn't grabbing the disc and stopping like it should. Almost like there was oil or grease on the disc. I'll clean with brake clean before next run. Anyone experience a break in period on the rear disc brake pads?
The starter seemed to quit at the top of a compression stroke a couple times but powered through it. I had the batter on a tender and know it was fully charged. Is this a normal thing for these bikes or, possibly a weak battery from the factory?
I haven't ridden a bike in 30 years. I can tell already this is going to be fun!
Milwaukee, WI