Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2022, 09:54 AM   #15

I have a Hawk 250 that has been super reliable for @ 10,000 miles as of the writing of this post. However, I've done a boatload of reliability mods to it and I change the oil frequently (every 500 miles). I printed out and followed MegaDan's entire Hawk 250 prep procedure and did everything to a "t". I also ride almost exclusively on the road and use my Hawk as a commuter and weekend backroad joyride bike. I rarely ride in the dirt and try to avoid mud as I'm too old to fall down and get hurt.

If you have the cash, I would just go with a CSC TT250. The customer service is the best in the Chinabike industry and parts are always available and very affordable. The TT250 is better built than any of these bikes in every way, has a counterbalanced engine, and all LED lighting except for the headlight. CSC also has a pretty cool assortment of aftermarket accessories for the TT250. If you need any help, you can call them and get an actual motorcycle mechanic on the phone to help walk you through any issues you're having. Moreover, their online maintenance tutorials are pretty doggone good.

Had I had to do it all over again, I would have gone with a TT250 as it has all the stuff that we like about the Hawk (21/18 tire sizes, that CG low-end "grunt") but with excellent service and much, much higher quality control. Nevertheless, the Hawk is a bike that is affordable and can be significantly improved and upgraded, but not without pumping $ into it right out of the box. As the old saying goes, you do indeed get what you pay for.