Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2022, 01:48 PM   #16

Missouri plates also no go. I think State plate sizes are mostly uniform. TBR7 must have South America/SE Asia compatibility slots.

I encountered this issue after a few other problems with my son's TBR7 assembly/build. I will post photos and some details elsewhere, but...

-battery too tall by nearly half inch, had to cut the airbox and then duct tape to seal it back up
-no hole in the rear brake lever for the rear brake light switch spring
-luggage rack holes don't line up at all, and the black cylinders on the rack are way off, don't lay flat (off by ~1/2")- just can't mount it!
-the worst issue... rolled it out for a first test drive after fixing the battery mount issue and changing the oil, and the left foot peg broke off as if welded with silly putty. I haven't dealt with that yet. It is a pretty lengthy list for a new motorcycle. Discovering the license plate bracket thing just made me shake my head. Easy to fix, well, yes, but I agree with OP. Stupid!
I don't anticipate ANY new rack from the importer. Will have to drill, cut, tape...
BAD WELDS could be real bad problem if it affects the rest of the frame!

My son is pretty disgusted with these things. Me too frankly. My Bashan Storm had NO issues, no broken welds in a year, better front suspension.. BUT NO kill switch
And the Storm cost almost exactly the same $

Gee