Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2022, 08:55 PM   #1

Question RXB-250L thoughts?

Decision time again for me and i need a bit of clarity of thought from you guys?

So first off i started out unsure of the China bike thing and did not want to spend too much money so my first purchase was a 2019 TBR7 in white. I found i did enjoy riding and exploring my local area trails. A year into the bike my neighbor really wanted my bike and wanted to give me almost what i paid for it and at this point i had a pretty good idea what i wanted in my next china bike which was:
a better fuel cap (tbr always leaked a little when full)
Better front forks ( even after spacers plus thicker oil mods it was only ok)
Digital instrument cluster (could have upgraded but never got around to it)
Knobby tires (the 50/50 tires were great on road but every time i hit mud or snow down i went (low side).

So i sold the TBR , did my homework and purchased a tan Brozz Recon from peace sports (very happy with them and the bike). This bike was exactly what i needed so the only thing i found lacking was power so i did all the mods :
Shaved and ported head
4 Degree timing key
Full exhast system
Carb and jetting to suit
Cam plus roller rockers

Changed the rear sprocket down 4 teeth (first gear still usable off road but a little lower rpms when i have to hit the asphalt.

The comfortable top speed of the bike is 68 mph sitting upright so speeds up to 65 are doable but i want to do more adventure rides to further destinations.

Now one of my co workers wants to give me top dollar for the Brozz and i find myself looking at the RXB250L ?

I see 249 cc plus 6 speed plus 19.5 hp (can i still maintain a short 1st gear but cruise at 70 or 75 if needed with the 6th gear?)
Fuel tank is still close to 3 gals
18/21 with aluminum rims and swing arm
Potentially better adjustable suspension ?
30lb weight saving

Is there a big bore kit available or other mods to get a bit more out of the engine if and when the time comes

Dont get me wrong i am happy with the Brozz but lighter with 6 speeds and more potential power is appealing right now.

What are your thoughts?