Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
I would advise you to do things simply, and start with the valves.

If you're new to anything diagnostic, start with the simplest things, those which are easiest to test/verify, that being 1. Sparkplug, throw a new one in it, then verify that you have spark 2. Valves, verify what I said first with your clearances, 3. Air - verify that the air cleaner is clean, and that there are no air leaks, and 4. fuel - verify that the injector is spraying fuel.

If all of those things are good, then we can start looking into other potential problems. For everyone else "contributing" their ideas, please wait for confirmation of the simple things before throwing out other ideas.

There are quite the deluge of ideas being put forth, and it is very easy to confuse someone with the flood of ideas coming about.

Until the basics are verified, we should refrain from muddling up the thread with 100s of disparate ideas, it's too much. This needs to be approached from a systematic process, not a bunch of random guesses.

OP: If you have any questions, particularly the process of doing any of what I've described above, feel free to PM me, I'm happy to help. I'm a professional motorcycle mechanic, and I'm available if you need me.
Rotten fuel causing the problem! Not valve adjustments! My thoughts! Think why it happened in 5 miles...my thoughts