Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2021, 10:44 AM   #1

Got a new bike

Name:  rzf1.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  156.2 KB

Picked up an Apollo RFZ 20 Max on Saturday. My first "real" dirt bike. lol.

I actually looked at one of these earlier this year, but didn't pull the trigger, as I just wanted a bike for my kid. Well, Saturday, I had to take the kiddo's bike in for repairs (it was under warranty, and I didn't feel like working on it.) I decided to take a look at the dirt bikes, and I came across the 20 max again. Just decided to go ahead and get it, since I had the means to do so. Problem is, this now stops my plans to get a RX4. Not like a really need either bike, but I have plans to go to a dirt park with the kiddo, and a friend of mine wants to go trail riding.

It's a pretty fun bike, so far. Did some laps with the kiddos around the neighborhood. I can tell immediately, it needs a new carb. It bogs at full throttle by second gear, and it one of those stupid riveted carbs. Thankfully, I already have a couple (thanks to a couple side projects that haven't come into fruition yet.).

Also, me being 250 lbs, I really weight down the suspension, but it seems a little too soft, anyway. I added a little more air to the shock to get the rebound to speed up a little more, and ran the preload up as much as i could, before the crankcase vent got in the way of the shock spanner. I think the fork is adjustable, but I can't find anything that says it is. The screws in the fork look like rebound adjusters. I'll try them out, soon.

I'm also getting used to the 4 up shifter. I keep trying to go one down to get into gear. lol. It's a fun bike, and can't wait to get it out into some dirt. It'll also make a decent pit bike for the track, I hope.