Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2021, 11:15 PM   #11

ok got the xpro assembled today. I was waiting on jets and a carb but this bike has more room to work and seems easy, well easier to replace so why not slap it together right? Yeah so a few things: One of the battery brackets was missing, and after barely snugging the bolts in the handlebars one of them stripped. The nut was just spinning in place and the bars were still moveable if that gives an idea as to how loose the bolts were.... Trip to the local hardware and some grade 8 bolts later and those bars are tight!!! $10 fix. The battery bracket, well, i gave it some thought and they look like pipe hold downs so a few measurements and on the same trip grabbed a pack of 3/4 pipe hold downs and drilled a hole in the top and now that is fixed. The bike started pretty easily but wouldnt stay running without the choke being on half choke. Ok so its lean, I assumed it would be. It runs a bit better after warming but its def lean so the carb will be replaced, b/c the shit one in it is not worth modding to make it adjustable imo. Rode it around the house a few laps and it seems ok minus the feathering need due to the carb issue, although the suspension is really soft in the rear. I will adjust the shock once my spanner arrives and see if I can get that acceptable. Another week or so and I should have these out on the trails and will give a more in depth review/comparison along with some pics of the bikes and some Wyoming beauty in the background. One final note, I have not messed with the filters on either bike yet. I will oil them and see how much that helps the lean condition. I am sure it will some but I suspect that I will have to upgrade both and do some modding before I am comfortable with it.