Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #1

TaoTao 125 strange no start issue

Good day. My kids have a TaoTao125 that we have been enjoying for a couple years. Things are generally pretty good. But we recently started having an issue I cannot track down. I have watched a ton of videos and searched all over, but our symptoms are different than anything I can find online. Hoping maybe someone has seen this or has an idea how to fix.

So it started out that it would start just as normal and then run for 5 to 10 minutes and turn off. I thought it might be the battery, as it required me to charge it every time it turned off. So I bought a new battery and installed it.

It fired right up. Ran for ten minutes and then the engine stopped, but the starter just started cranking and cranking, but it wouldn't start the engine. Turned the key off and it stopped cranking. Now this is where it gets strange.

I locked the brake on like normal, made sure the remote safety lock was set to let the engine start and gear was in neutral. AS SOON AS TURNING THE KEY, it started cranking. It shouldn't do this. I put the kill switch in the OFF (not running) position and it still cranks.

The only way to stop it from cranking is to turn the key off. I have created a video and uploaded to Youtube (sorry for camera angle, new to youtube uploads). Maybe it will give a better idea what I am facing.

I feel like this is more an electrical issue than a mechanical one. Probably one of the safety systems (remote lock, tethered kill switch etc) and maybe there is a way to simply bypass them. At any rate, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.