Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2021, 10:05 PM   #1

Hello from Michigan

Received my new Hawk DLX today and got it all assembled. I am surprised at the quality of such an inexpensive bike. Shipping caused a couple issues but whatever. One reflector was shattered and the horn is inoperative but other than that its all good. Ordered it on the 12th and received it today. Runs and drives well. I don't have plates for it yet but I drove around the yard and it seems fine. I changed the spark plug to an NGK unit as many have recommended. I will change the oil to either a 4 stroke motorcycle oil or Rotella T6. Also received my helmet and riding gloves today. Jacket is coming tomorrow. This is my first "street" bike as I have only had dirt bikes in the past. Got my temporary riding permit Monday and just need to find somebody to go riding with once I get my plate.

I have been lurking for a while reading up on which bike I want to get. Initially I wanted a KPR 200 but they are nowhere to be found. I then had to decide between the Lifan Xpect and the Hawk DLX. I think either way I would have been happy but I decided to get the larger motor. And when I was assembling my bike, I saw another Hawk drive by. I was as giddy as a schoolgirl. lol

See ya around!