Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #1

Impatience

My apologies for the wall of text to follow. Very happy to have found this community, I made it through the first 20 pages of posts, and am still learning about these fun lil toys. Was hoping with some advice on what to get though.

So after doing some research, I decided that American Lifan was going to be my choice (LF200GY-5) Got in touch with authorized dealers and just have trouble swallowing the $1899 price tag they want near me. Over $2200 prepped and tagged, I'd rather find a used yamaha / honda.

The hi-bird or komoto 250 really interested me, but the dealers you all seem to like best are out of stock for some months to come, and can't seem to find anyone that has one in stock (so if anyone knows where some are hiding let me know )

So as i continue reading and looking at all the options out there I ran across:
http://www.nitro-motors.com/carb-200...ith-clutch.jsp

$899 with free shipping just seems to good to be true. Apparently a Viva, but I haven't tracked down exactly who Viva is yet. If anyone has experience with this dealer / knows more about this particular bike, please point me in the right direction for more info. I saw a post somewhere stating that it was on the low end of china bikes, but am trying to figure out what factory it comes out of, and if these bikes were made on chinese new year or not :P

I much apppreciate any help I can get, info on these bikes is proving hard for me to find so far, and you guys have already educated me more than anywhere else.