Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2021, 07:08 PM   #1

Hawk with no charge issue

So was riding the other day, and noticed that my bike was dragging to start more and more throughout the day. Ended up wont electric start and have to kick start it everytime. Battery was dead and at 10v by the end of the day. Swapped a new battery in, due to the old one being old and abused due to thieves leaving chopped up ignition on, so figured it was time for a new one anyways. Ended up testing voltage while idling and revving, and getting no difference in voltages. I have went over every possible connection i can find to make sure all of them were connected properly and nothing was frayed. Still not charging. I have tested stator by ohms and get 1.4 on each pin (hopefully I tested this right). When I test the pin where the regulator plugs in I get 16v+ as a rev it. Was hoping to get confirmation that the voltage reg is bad, and if it is. Could I swap a CSC TT250 regulator and stator onto the hawk? I already ordered a hawk voltage regulator as it was $15. Any help, or further information about the CSC swap would be greatly appreciated.