Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2021, 01:50 PM   #1

Thread for pics and trails

I have been exploring a small park North of Kansas City. Quads drift around these woods and have left awesome trails for us! Perfect weather today ~64 degrees and sunny! I need to get a helmet cam to post some video. There are short and kind of steep rocky sections for some challenge, a few mucky spots to get through, and a creek bed to ford. There are at least three ways to get into it from the pavement. Packed clay for the most part, sandy and pebbles or flat shale in the creek bed. Just a perfect place to tool around through the trees on a Saturday morning!

I am impressed with the Storm. It's quiet but makes plenty of torque for this kind of riding. I can get air on the front tire easily on the bumps. Standing up is comfortable, the pegs and handlebars are perfectly positioned for my build (5'10"). The suspension is nice and taught, and I have hit some big rocky bumps, and it's very stable even with these dual sport tires. I've dumped it a couple of times, but left my levers a bit loose so they just twist away and no damage. I don't think I am going to change the gearing. I can spend lots of time in second gear on this stuff, but can drop to first for the tight passages, mud, and steeper rocky places. Nice

[IMG]McHenrypark by gs1100ghoot, on Flickr[/IMG]

I found a few small lakes with water birds and croakers:

[IMG]HiddenLake by gs1100ghoot, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by Thumper; 04-03-2021 at 06:40 PM.