Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #1

Brozz, Hawk, or TT250? (Magician?)

I'm sure there are plenty of threads like this one, so apologies in advance to anyone who reads this and thinks "Oh, man. Not again!"

I'm trying to decide between three (or four) bikes. Main uses will be commuting to work (3 miles each way) and trail riding. I'm a complete noob at trail riding, so I want something easy to ride that I won't have to finance. Interstate speeds are a plus but not necessary as the bike will not see any highway use. (I have a BMW K1200RS for interstate riding.)

Of the three, I like the look of the Brozz Recon best, but I'm a little worried about how much I will have to do to it when it arrives. I'm pretty sure I can put it together, but I'd be lying if I said I was 100% sure.

The TT250 seems like a good option in that regard, as it's pretty much delivered ready to go. But it's significantly more expensive. Is it worth the extra money? I believe both are Zongshen bikes, right? So reliability ought to be close?

The Hawk is attractive because of the low price point, but how much work will I have to put into it? As much as the Brozz? Less? More?

On the outside, I am also considering a Magician. At my height and inseam I think it's the only one that I would not have to modify the seat in order to ride. As a bonus, it's even less expensive than the Hawk, but I've seen a lot of negative things about it, so it's probably going to be a pass unless anyone here can vouch positively for it.

I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on any of them just yet, so I have time to do more research. I figured I'd ask you guys and see what you thought. Are there any other bikes in this price range that I should consider? It has to be street legal because I'll be using it to commute to work.