Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #1

Want to Take a Long On/Off Road Trip with Dual Sport

So my Lifan 200 efi goes 50mph or so. This means I have to stick to back roads and slower secondary roads when on tar. It really shines off road.

I’m located in the middle of Florida for a while. Near Clewiston and LaBelle and Lehigh Acres and all that.

I’m sadly disappointed to see every trail system I spotted on Google maps was blocked off by fencing. There a WHOLE LOT of nothing out here. All vast, empty farmland and nothing. You’d think there would be more trails out here. But no.

There are remnants of a trail all along the Okeechobee waterway/ Caloosahatchee River like most waterways have. However, large tracts of it seem to be blocked off and owned privately. You can go a bit then boom! A fence.

I was really hoping to explore my local area and find good riding out here in the vast, open nothingness but much of it is blocked off.

So my question is:

How do I go about planning a multiple day ride to somewhere else in Florida that concentrates on trail riding as much as possible but also could be some dirt roads or even tar back roads and secondary roads?

I’m envisioning some mixture of trails and roads that can take me at 50mph or less from here across to Fort Myers, Naples, Fort Lauderdale , Orlando or similar. I’d spend 2-3 days riding one way and 2-3 days back. Stopping at hotels at night. Not a big fan of camping.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to do something like this but I’m not seeing how to connect the dots.

Rail toad tracks, fire roads (I don’t even know what one of those is), power lines. These all typically have long roads and trails along side that go great distances.

Does anyone have any experience doing something like this in Florida or anywhere really?

I got the bike for sanity during a crazy long and demanding project I’m working on down here. My gf says I need a break from the project and this is what I’d like to do for the break. I just don’t see how to plan the route.