Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2021, 11:40 PM   #1

Apollo 250 slowly died now won't start

Hi all,

I have had this bike for quite some time and have done a lot to it. It was running great! Couple of weeks ago I took it out rode around the neighborhood and the bike started to sputter until it quit. Walked it home let cool of and it started again.

I took it out the following week same thing except this time it was harder to start once it cooled and it missed when rev'd

Take it out the next day very hard to start I get going and it's ok until the upper rpms where it start to sputter bad, it gets worst so I turn around and barely made it home. It has not wanted to start after that. Only a faint back fire here and there when cranked.

Here is what I have done so far. Cleaned the carb (mikuni rep) thoroughly. Installed new coil, CDI and rectifier. Still nothing. I tried spraying starting fluid ..nothing.

It has spark (i verified) but cranks over as easily so I can tell it not combusting, but it has fuel and has spark.

I' am at a loss at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61861106962__0CC84C49-3568-4BAF-AD1E-2336B10D229D.JPG (117.9 KB, 485 views)