Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Mavrick
My Bike Cuts Off

My bike has cut off on me three times now. The first time was when my gf and I were riding up a small hill in 3rd gear, it just shut off at the top. Nothing that would strain the bike, but it did it anyway. And then twice today. As soon as I took off from my house, I had to stop about hundred yards away at the first stop sign, and it shut off then. After I rode around for a bit, I thought I would see how fast my bike would go, and I got up to about 60mph (110km?) I didn't get too high rpm's or anything, and as soon as I began to slow down, it cut off and I just coasted to a stop. What's up with this?

I believe when I stopped at the stop sign, my bike probably wasn't warm enough to idle, because I was impatient on waiting for the choke to warm it up. But other than that, I'm not sure what's up? I dont' want this happening to me on the highway, so what do you guys think it is?

Also, my bike has a hard time starting. I'm sure it's probably the carb needle, but I have no idea how to fix that, even with a guide I couldn't do it. I can start it if I give it a little gas but it won't idle if I let it go.

What's up?