Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #1

Just got my Lifan X-Pect, Refurbished. No regrets yet.

I ordered a refurbished 2020 X-Pect from PowerSportsMax. I was a hesitant to say the least but the discount seemed worth it to me. They told me on the phone that it was assembled by them and then got shipping damage on the way to the customer and they got it back and fixed it. I paid with money orders and got it for just over $1600 total. It came about two weeks exactly after they got the money order. First look at the bike and nothing major. There is scratches around the keyhole and a small scuff on one side of the plastic but that's reasonable for me.

I drained whatever oil was in it and added Shell T4 15w-40, the same stuff I use in my scooter. I assume it'll take a week or two to get the title so I put my scooter plate on it until then and took it around town. It's about 15F here and it started right up on the first try (after I turned the fuel shut off on ) I don't have a lot to compare it to but it's so much nicer than my Tao 150. In every way measurable. First gear is very low and will crawl, much like a dirt bike. It's bitterly cold here and lots of snow so I didn't want to push it too hard but I did get it up to 50mph without any trouble, plenty of speed left once it warms up out and I got it broke in. It's very easy to shift, easy to find neutral, the tires grip the wet road perfectly and the suspension is very smooth. I'm a big guy and there's plenty of travel left in the suspension without adjustment.

When I got it up to speed it sounded a little clacky, I'll check the valves when my hands warm back up.

Other than the scratches, really all I can complain about is it only coming with one key.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike 2.jpg (117.7 KB, 883 views)
File Type: jpg Bike.jpg (120.5 KB, 801 views)