Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2020, 11:18 PM   #23

Sorry to jump in, but..

I've owned a 1st Gen Volt (PHEV of course, but I was on battery 99.99% of the time), and a 2016 30kWH Nissan LEAF. Both were uber cheap leases (sub $200) I had when I still lived in California. I almost bought a Bolt a little while back, but they dealer was being unreasonable... and ended up in a 2015 VW Jetta TDI of all things.

Jealous of your 500e! I have wanted to toy around with one, but my wife veto'd me buying another low range EV. Long story short, my wife almost stranded herself a couple times in the LEAF and since then has severe range anxiety issues I've not been able to break her of. She loathes Elon Musk, and refuses to see a Tesla in the garage too (not joking).

I had a 500 Abarth for a while, and I loved the car... but literally anything that could break mechanically on that car did (power train wise). Knowing FCA didn't some up with the EV guts of the 500e, I'd feel pretty safe owning that as a beater/commuter. FCA also had a lot of parts for it on backorder often, so I let it go.

Lastly, I've known people who flew out of small grass strips down here in FL who I *know* failed medicals. Not saying I condone it, but getting "ramp checked" at some airport in the middle of the country is not happening so its basically zero risk unless an incident happens. I mean fwiw, they would just fly around the patch and put it back in the hanger.

My Hawk DLX info page: https://www.ecimulti.org/hawk250