Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #1

Hello, New member here with buying questions...

I'd like to start off by saying hello to everyone and that i've been reading this forum for a little while and i love this community of china bike riders!! I am excited to be apart of the community and contribute to this forum! but i have a small dilemma with buying a bike.

I am a college student that does food deliveries on a scooter in my city for work. Ive been looking to upgrade to one of these bikes for delivering because these can get up to road speeds and are inexpensive. Well now my scooter has finally blown and now i need to get one of these bikes ASAP. My budget is $2000 and not a penny more.

I need a bike that's 90% street but I may take it off road for fun every couple months if im feeling it. So at first I wanted to get the tao tao TBR7 because at the time it was $1400 but it has recently increased since then. Then I found the Bashan Extreme CR250 AKA the DB-47-250 AKA the Apollo Sportsman 250 and I really wanted to purchase that because it is already built for street with forged wheels, better forks, better gague cluster, and nicer body style. Problem is every dealer is sold out of that model and it is a huge bummer.

(IF ANYBODY HAS A DB-47-250 THEY WOULD LIKE TO SELL OR KNOWS A DEALER WHO CAN SELL ME ONE PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME!!! FLORIDA LOCAL BUT I CAN TRAVEL TO GEORGIA AND MAYBE NEIGHBORING STATES FOR PICKUP)

So now that the hawk has increased to 1600 i started my search for more bikes and found the Bashan Storm 250 on shopapmc which is $100 more than the new TBR7 but seems to have the inverted forks and the bashan build quality.

tao tao tbr7 price link: https://www.txpowersports.com/Taotao...RoCvYgQAvD_BwE

bashan storm 250 price link: https://www.shopapmc.com/New-2020-Ba...TITY_p_96.html

So my questions are:
Is the storm a better build than the tbr7?

Would you guys recommend the storm over the tbr7 considering they are almost equal price now?
Is shopapmc a reliable dealer?
What dealers do forum veterans recommend?

Any other bikes would you recommend I look at?
Anyone know how to get me a DB-47-250???

If any of the information I have provided is false, please correct me because this is all going off the top of my head from searching countless threads on this forum.