Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2020, 04:39 PM   #34

Alright - the verdict!

Just got back, STILL have some chain slap on the front sprocket cover.. not sure what to do about that other than shave it down a little with my Dremel, or take it off..

Nice and brappy!! I'm not sure if that really changed so much, but it feels like a completely different bike now. Feels to have extended my gears a good bit, I can cruise on my little 25mph road at 30mph in 4th now; little incline - 3rd gear. Actually got some off-roading in today as well. There's a little road behind my old high school that's pretty neat - used to take my bicycle through there yeeeeeeears ago. Got pretty crappy through the years, so not a bad little road for the bike! Loads of ruts / dirt / rocks from weather going up the hills. Was able to keep my gears lower, before on the straights I was in 4th @ 35mph, now it feels better at the same speed in 3rd. Chain slacked up just a liiiittle bit more so I'm going to readjust the slack. Definitely can hear I'm hitting the 'powerband' a little more now, it is GRUNTY in lower RPMs. Not so grunty that it chugs and bogs, but did take some torque out - but not that much. I'm happy with it for now - I'll leave it be till it's time for a new chain and sprockets. Thinking about getting the 35T for when that time does come. Or, drop one tooth in the front; might take the chain slap out? And it's not really doing it when I accelerate; more so when I'm coming off the throttle to shift down. And doesn't sound like it's damaging, to me. Just a little tappy. Anyway - 13T front, 30T rear, 105 link X-ring chain.

Overall definite change in feel. Absolutely feels like I can go on more open roads like 45mph or 55mph and not be screaming at WOT lol I did have ONE stall while on an incline, but my fault. Need to get used to the new gearing for inclines.

IF it stays warm tomorrow, warm enough to ride, I'll try to go out and take my GoPro with me to get a video for everyone.

Thinking about going up in main jet as well - not sure what is in there already. Someone that posted recently has the same carb I do, 30mm 'Mikuni', and has a 110 main. When I'm idling, if I roll the throttle non-aggressively then it's fine. If I roll the throttle like from 0-WOT it'll bog, sometimes stall. Mix is at 1.5 turns out - stock air box / filter, no needle position change. The carb came with a new pod filter but, I have crap results with it on. Also running Ethanol-free gas. Luckily have a local station that has it in premium! So also running 91oct. My boost bottle seems to have cleaned up the idle as well. Nice solid 1200rpm idle, no skips. Booster also helped out on low-end getty-up - lost secret art lol